DAILY BLESSING



Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fences or Bridges?


        Two brothers who lived on neighboring farms, separated by a creek, lived in conflict.
What started as a small misunderstanding, exploded in an exchange of harsh words followed by weeks of total silence.
One morning, the elder brother heard someone knocking at your door. - "I'm looking for work. I am a carpenter. Maybe you have some service to me "-" Yes, "said the fazendeiro.Claro! See that farm over there, beyond the stream? It's my younger brother. We fought and I can not stand it. See that pile of wood there in the barn? For use to build a very high fence. " - "I think I understand the situation," said the carpenter! "" Show me where the shovel and nails. "
The older brother delivered the material and went to town. The man was there, working all day.When the farmer came not believe what he saw: instead of the fence, a bridge was built linking the two banks of the creek.
It was a beautiful work, but the farmer was enraged: - "You were bold building that bridge after all I told him." But, looking back to the bridge he saw his brother approaching with open arms. But he remained motionless on his side of the River.
The younger brother then said - "You were really very friendly building this bridge even after I told him." Suddenly, the older brother ran up and hugged each other in the middle of the bridge. The carpenter began closing its toolbox - "Wait, stay with us! I have other work for you!" And the carpenter replied: - "I'd love to, but I have other bridges to build."
Moral: "How things would be easier if we stop building fences and bridges we built with our family, friends, coworkers, and especially our enemies.
Often give up those we love because of hurt and misunderstanding. Let's leave that aside. Nobody is perfect, but someone has to take the first step. Build bridges around you!
Sometimes, certain people are fundamental in our country, when they are among us, for more than the passage of it was brief, but the important thing was that it made a difference in your life or the lives of all who are around you. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY BIBLE STORIES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...