DAILY BLESSING



Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

FILLING WITH GOODNESS




The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
(Psalm 34:10)


Dearly beloved in Christ, The Psalmist says, “The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing” (Psalm 34:10). Today we are tormented by diseases, problems, needs in the family and so on in this world. It is under these circumstances you are longing to receive goodness from the Lord. When you seek Him faithfully, He shall grant everything to you in an abundant measure. If you lack anything good do not question God. Instead humble yourself and tell Him, “Lord, please teach me the way by which I should seek You”. Then He will certainly exalt you.

Recently a family came to meet me. As I was conversing with them they said, “Sister, why so much of trouble for us? A servant of God prophesied that everything would go well with us. But it did not happen. Why?” Then I questioned, “Where in the Bible it is written that those who seek the Lord shall not lack anything?” They could not answer because they had any basic knowledge about the Bible. So I told them, “You have absolutely no knowledge about the Scriptures. So, you are the reason for the predicament you are in”. I again asked, “Have you ever heard the voice of God?” They blinked. I told, “God speaks to us through the Scriptures verses”. Such is the pitiable state of Christians today. “If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law, even his prayers are detestable” (Proverbs 28:9).

As a family, we get up early in the morning, praise God whole-heartedly and rejoice in the Holy Spirit. We always read the Scriptures and mediate upon it. We tremble in the presence of God. Dearly beloved in Christ, the Bible says, “You are enthroned as the Holy one; You are the praise of Israel”, it is very imperative to seek the Lord in spirit and truth. When you read the Scriptures you must read it with all your heart and meditate it. You must sing the worship songs in spirit and truth fully realizing the meaning of those songs. Give much importance to the Scripture verses and learn the promises of God by heart. Humble yourself before the Holy Spirit to be guided always according to “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you” (Psalm 32:8). “How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you” (Psalm 31:19). 



Prayer

Loving Lord Jesus, 

It is Your desire to fill Your children with Your goodness. You have asked me to open my mouth wide so as to be filled Your goodness. Please grant me Your strength to lead a life pleasing You in everything that I do.

In Your matchless name I pray.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY BIBLE STORIES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...