DAILY BLESSING



Total Pageviews

Friday, March 4, 2011

GOD DOES GREAT THINGS


Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
(1 Peter 5:6) 


Dearly beloved in Christ! A god-fearing woman who got married entered her husband’s house. Everyone in that house gave attendance at church regularly but they were in a pitiable state by being ungodly. Dust covered their Bibles because they had no fear of God. Visualizing the ungodly life of her in-laws she pondered, “How did I land here? No one loves God here. Why did my parents send me into this family?” Simultaneously she told, “Lord! Please do forgive me. You were gracious to save me. Similarly, please save this family also.”


Whenever time permitted she knelt and offered fervent prayers mentioning the names of every person in her husband’s house. God answered her prayers. Gradually transformation took place and she offered praises to God when the entire family came into the knowledge and salvation experience offered by Christ. The divine presence of God, peace, joy, oneness of mind and unity engulfed that house.


One day while Mary was at home an angel appeared and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favoured….You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus” (Luke 1:28, 31). Being perturbed she questioned, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?’ The Angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the most high will overshadow you. So the Holy One to be born will be called the Son of God. For nothing is impossible with God”.


Mary answered, “I am Lord’s servant. May it be to me as you have said” (Luke 1:38). Furthermore she told, “For He has been mindful of the humble state of His servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed” (Luke 1:48). “…Man looks at the outward appearance but the Lord looks at the heart” (1 Samuel 16:7). Just like Mary humble yourself saying, “Lord, I am Your servant. Please give me the necessary grace to fulfill Your will.” The Lord who chose Mary will certainly choose you and fulfill His will in your life.


Prophet Elijah called his servant and asked him, “Go and look toward the sea whether there is any sign of rain”. He went up, looked and said, “There is nothing there”. Then Elijah climbed to the top of the hill, bent down to the ground and put his face between his knees and prayed to God. The Lord heard his prayer and commanded a downpour (1 Kings 18:42-45). Dearly beloved in Christ, the Lord who looks at your humility will certainly do great and mighty things through you this year. So you must be very careful to humble yourself and pray with burden.


Prayer:

Loving Lord Jesus,

Help me to be humble always. In Your grace and mercy enable me to submit to Your perfect will. Please look upon my lowly state and do great things for me.

In Your matchless name I pray.

Amen.

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DAILY BIBLE STORIES

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...